January 11, 2010

Another reason not to smoke

This is what -48 C with windchill and fog looks like.

And I was able to enjoy this scenic view whilst walking back to the office from tonight's town council meeting.

Yes, I said walking...


That's why. Well, also because town hall is about a two-minute jaunt from my office and I'm young and healthy and I can take the cold. Right. Just to be clear: I returned to the office afterward not because I had to file, but because I had to get warm before journeying on.

My goal for this winter is to keep all my fingers and toes.

2 comments:

  1. Holy God Katie. Let me know if you need me to send you a box of those chemical pouches to warm up your hands and feet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fingers and toes stuff is just me being dramatic. Long underwear makes everything better, winter-wise.

    ReplyDelete