March 22, 2010

My apartment shakes

...much more than usual, lately. The building sits atop wooden pilings that are driven into the permafrost, so I'm hoping these mini tremors that trigger Titanic dreams (you know the part when the ship is tilted vertically and Jack & Rose have to jump?) are just signs of spring. Fingers crossed.

Said pilings.


But it doesn't look or feel much like spring around here just yet.






So, with my iPod cozy in an inner pocket of my parka, I listen to this song.


3 comments:

  1. Yep, they're signs of spring. They're always a bit scary, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know. Now I can think, "Yay! Spring!" instead of "Dear god! How do I keep my kitchen appliances from crushing me?"
    http://www.cbc.ca/canada/north/story/2009/06/15/inuvik-house-pilings.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that's rare, although I know it's small comfort. :)

    ReplyDelete